Ten Ways to Harass a Telemarketer
- When they ask you "How are you today?", Tell them!!   "I'm so glad you asked because
no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems;  my arthritis is acting
up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died ..."
- If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name.   Then ask
them to spell the company name.   Then ask them where it is located.   Continue asking them
personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.
- Place the telephone under the sofa cushion and walk away.   About 10 or 15 minutes later,
come back and hang up the phone.
- If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends plan, reply, in as
sinister a voice as you can,  "I don't have any friends...would you be my friend?"
- If they want to loan you money,  tell them you are just about to file for bankruptcy and you
could sure use some money.
- Tell the telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask them if they could bring you a
case of beer and some chips.
- After the telemarketer gives their spiel,  ask him/her to marry you.   When they get all flustered,
tell them that you could not just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.
- Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask them if they will give you their HOME
phone number so you can call them back.   When the telemarketer explains that they cnnot give their home
number, you say   "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?"   The telemarketer
will agree and you say,  "Now you know how I feel!"
- Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon,  playing a joke.   "Come on Leon, cut it out!
Seriously, Leon, howis your mamma?"
- Tell them to talk VERY SLOWLY because you want to write down EVERY WORD .