Some Verses To Encourage You To Control Your Tongue
- Psalms 15:3
- He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
- Proverbs 10:8
- ...a prating fool shall fall.
- Proverbs 10:18
- He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.
- Proverbs 11:9
- An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour;...
- Proverbs 11:13
- A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
- Proverbs 12:13
- The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
- Proverbs 12:22
- Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight.
- Proverbs 15:28
- ...but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
- Proverbs 17:27-28
- He that hath knowledge spareth his works:...Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
- Proverbs 18:8
- The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
- Proverbs 20:19
- Hi that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.
- Proverbs 21:23
- Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
- Proverbs 26:20, 22
- ...so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
- Proverbs 29:11
- A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
- Ecclesiastes 5:2
- Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
- Romans 3:13
- Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips.
- 2 Corinthians 12:20
- ...envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings ....
- Ephesians 4:29
- Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth...
- 2 Thessalinians 3:11
- For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
- 1 Timothy 5:13
- And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.
- James 1:26
- If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
- James 3:6
- And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
- James 5:9
- Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
- 1 Peter 2:22
- Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth.
- 1 Peter 3:10
- ... let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.
- 1 Peter 4:15
- ... or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other man's matters.
- 3 John 10
- ... prating against us with malicious words...
The last Baptist church I went to was full of the above. For more info, see Narcissist Pastor